At First, we are committed to worship that glorifies the triune God and that is connected to the global and historic church.
Our services (Sundays at 10:00 am) creatively integrate both traditional and contemporary expressions. We use a broad range of musical content and style, readings and prayers to remind us that God is at work right now in the world, but has also been at work for centuries, drawing people to Himself. We respond in worship to God's actions in salvation history and to the revelation of His character through Scripture and seen most clearly in the person of Jesus Christ.
One way we connect with the global and historic Church is by marking time according to the liturgical calendar.
Ways to Serve
- Worship Team: Vocalists and instrumentalists offer their skills to enable congregational singing. Reading music is a plus, but not required. If you're interested in joining, email Andrea Tisher to arrange a conversation and an informal audition. Commitment requires Thursday evening and Sunday availability.
- Choir: The FBC Choir is a group of committed singers who aid our congregational worship. They sing most Sundays from September through June as well as at special services. Commitment requires Thursday evenings from 7-9 and Sundays. Contact Roger Grose to arrange an informal audition.
- Scripture Readers: The public reading of Scripture is an important part of our worship services and we have a team of readers who help us to hear God's Word. If you're interested in getting involved or learning more, contact Andrea Tisher.
- Communion Teams: Each time we celebrate Communion, there are people who prepare, serve, and clean up. We're always looking for more helpers - if you're interested in getting involved, contact Soniya Mathew.
- AV Team: Our AV team helps to ensure sound, projection and video runs smoothly during our services. We are always looking to add to these teams, and while experience is helpful, it is not a necessity. Contact Soniya Mathew if you're interested in getting involved.