CARE and Support
WAYS WE CAN SUPPORT YOU
- Prayer: If you need someone to pray, our prayer companions are available to pray with you after our Sunday service. You can also reach out to John Tsang (Minister of Congregational Care) if it is an urgent matter. We also have a group of 100+ intercessors who are praying for our church family. If you would like to be added to our weekly prayer sheet, please email the church office.
- Hospital Visitation: If a loved one is hospitalized, we encourage to contact John Tsang or our church office. Our team of care friends
areavailable to visit for prayer and encouragement if you, or someone you love, is hospitalized, including long-term illness care.
- Home Visitation: We are aware that there is a great need for visits with those unable to attend church. These persons may be homebound either temporarily (i.e. after surgery or illness), or those who are more permanently homebound in their later years. To request a visitation, please contact our church office.
- Memorials: Our heart is to provide a place for families to grieve their loss, remember their loved one, and receive comfort from God and the local church. If you are wanting to reserve First to host a memorial, please contact Mary Cramond.
CounsellingReferrals: We have a list of trusted professional counsellorsand counselling centres. If you are in need of such support, please contact John Tsang for the list.
- Care Training: Check out our FBC Caring Ministry Training: Care Friends Training and Care Minister Training. These sessions are open to all who are wanting to provide care for others. From time to time, we have also partnered with Sanctuary Mental Health Ministries to provide Mental Health First Aid courses. For more information, please contact John Tsang.
- Alzheimer Café: Alzheimer Cafés provide a casual, friendly setting for those experiencing some form of dementia, their caregivers and others interested in this illness. The Cafés provide an opportunity to connect with others for learning, networking and socializing. Each Café has a short information session on some topic related to dementia, followed by some entertainment usually in the form of music and socialization. For more information, click here.
Interested in joining the care team?
Please arrange a time to meet with John Tsang to discuss next steps.