Dear FBC Family,
It definitely feels different not being together in our church building on a Sunday. Because of the evolving situation with COVID-19 (see our full communication and updates on this), we have to acknowledge that "large gatherings" are a hotspot for the spread of disease, and that church services can be pretty cosy experience as far as personal space goes. As painful as it is, cancelling is the responsible, compassionate thing to do. We are thankful for our church family during this season, and let's continue to be a source of light and hope in this uncertain time.
OPTIONS FOR COMMUNITY
- Grab coffee with other church members or with your Connection Group, read the Scripture and pray together.
- Get together for a family devotion time. Check out these simple activities.
- Check on your neighbours to see if they need any help or care. Take church out of the building and brings it to life for others.
WAYS WE CAN BE PRAYING TOGETHER
- Families can pray together at mealtimes or at the end of the day.
- Connection Groups can form online chat groups to pray for one another. Or, group members can designate pairs or triplets to be prayer partners for the duration of the time that we cannot gather for corporate worship.
- Individuals and groups can pray through the Prayer Guide that is distributed weekly on Friday. To receive the prayer guide, send an email to to receive an electronic copy.
- If you are not part of a Connection Group, ask the Lord to direct you to one or two others who may serve as a prayer partner during this time when we cannot gather for corporate worship.
- If there is a particular prayer need or request, you can send it to or call the church office. Please do inform us of the level of distribution that you would like (eg. Confidential, within pastoral staff only, for church-wide.)