FBC ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING – HOW TO
FBC ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2020.
Time: 7:00 – 9:00pm
Because of the current restrictions, the AGM will be held via Zoom and so, there are some special arrangements to make sure things run smoothly. Please note carefully the following instructions.
Walkthrough Video (written version below)
BEFORE THE AGM
- Please register via this link if you plan to attend.
- A Zoom meeting link will be sent in the confirmation email after registration.
- The Zoom meeting link will be sent again in a reminder email on September 28.
- We need a quorum for this AGM. Everyone is invited to participate, but only members will be able to vote.
Documents to be reviewed and approved during the AGM
- Special Resolutions: We will consider 2 special resolutions concerning out Bylaws. Please take time to read through the special resolutions and FAQs.
- 2019 Annual Report (comprised of the 2019 In Review and the Financial Statements)
- 2019 Winter Business Meeting Minutes
- Composition of Nominating and Membership Committees - candidate bios
Please send your questions regarding any of the documents provided to this email address by September 29, so that we can address them.
ON THE AGM DAY
Click here to see the 2020 AGM Meeting Agenda
Pre-meeting time (15 minutes prior)
- Click on the Zoom link in the confirmation/reminder email to join.
- You will be directed to a ‘waiting room’.
- Please make sure that you have your full name displayed on your account. If not, you can rename yourself by clicking on your participant name. This will greatly help the check-in process.
- Meeting host will do a virtual ‘check-in’ and admit everyone into the main meeting room when the meeting starts.
- Please keep your microphone on mute and turn your video camera on for the first 15 minutes of the meeting to help with check-in.
- Feel free to use the ‘Chat’ function to connect with others but we do ask everyone to refrain from chatting when a presentation is in progress.
- Only members are invited to participate in voting.
- Any person who wishes to participate in the voting must have their own PC, tablet or smartphone. If a husband and wife are sharing a device, only one of them will be able to vote or otherwise participate in the meeting. If multiple members in a household would all like to participate in voting, please join the Zoom meeting on separate devices (PC, tablet or smartphone). The same Zoom meeting link can be used to join.
- At the appropriate time during the AGM, the host will initiate the poll for voting.
- The business item will be displayed on the screen and the person asking for the motion will move it and another person will be asked to second it. We will do this by using the ‘raise hand’ function on Zoom. Only members can move and second a motion.
- Next, a poll will be launched for voting. You will see a poll window pop up on your screen, with the business item in the title. There will be 3 options for selection:
- ‘Yes’ - in favour of the motion
- ‘No’ – not in favour of the motion
- ‘Abstain’ – formally decline to vote either for or against a motion
- The poll will be active for 1 minute.
- Once the host ends the poll, the result will be displayed and announced.
*Please do not worry if you have never done this before. We will do a few test runs to make sure everyone is familiar with the voting function
Questions during meeting?
- We encourage you to review the AGM documents and submit any questions prior to the AGM by September 29 as accepting questions ‘from the floor’ on Zoom will be difficult.
- To get in the queue for questions during the meeting, go to the chat box and send a private message to Eric Findlay. Search for ~Question from the drop down menu. Type a message and Eric will invite you to ask your questions when it is your turn.
- You may unmute your microphone then, and ask away.
- Please do not type your questions in the chat box as it will be hard to monitor.
If you have any questions, please feel free to send an email to .
If you are facing any technical difficulties during the meeting, send a private message to ~Tech Support or email Kurtis Findlay at for support.
We look forward to seeing you at our AGM!