Our youth group is getting ready for our mission trip to Mexico. 14 youth and 5 leaders will be serving the Lord in Ensenada, Mexico, from March 16 to March 23. I would like to take this opportunity to, firstly, thank our church community for supporting us in prayers and financially. Secondly, we would like to introduce the family that we will be serving in Mexico, the Hernandez Granados. Please read their profile and take some time praying for them. Click HERE to read their profile.
I would like to also share a video that can give you a taste of the type of work that we will be doing there in Mexico. To watch the video please click HERE.
Finally, as our intern, Joseph Leong, beautifully wrote: "The participation in this mission trip to Mexico allows the youth and leaders to participate in the mission of God who was first sent into the world through the incarnation of Christ. It allows them to understand that mission is an attribute of the triune God because of his character - love. It will be a great experience for the youth ministry to learn to be faithful to shalom sharing and faith-filled engagement with the community in different places, races, and nationalities. When the youth leave the worship gatherings at First Baptist Church, strengthened by the words and sacraments, they are to engage in mission, caring for the marginalized, upholding social justice in the broken society and inviting the broken ones into
Here is how you could support us in prayer during our mission trip:
- March 16 | Pray for a safe and smooth journey to Seattle
- March 17 | Pray for a safe and smooth journey across the Mexico border
- March 18 | Pray for the four-day work of the house building project
- March 19 | Pray for YUGO Ministries
- March 20 | Pray for Mexico and the Mexican families who are in need
- March 21 | Pray for FBC Youth Ministry & parents
- March 22 | Pray for a good rest and quality fellowship among the leaders and the youths
- March 23 | Pray for a safe and smooth journey back to Vancouver