7 Reasons to be Baptized
Have you considered baptism? As Christians, we are called to be baptized both out of obedience to Christ and as evidence of our commitment to a life-long journey as a disciple of Christ. Baptism is also a gift to our covenant community here at FBC, a reminder that together we are called as followers of Jesus.
In his sermon on Baptism, Anthony highlighted 7 reasons to be baptized:
- Obedience to Jesus, to the teaching of the Bible, and to the practice of the early church.
- As a sign that your sins have been washed away by Jesus.
- As a public declaration of your faith in Christ.
- To Mark the surrender of your old life and the beginning of a new life in Christ.
- To signify joining the church community.
- To invite the Holy Spirit to empower you to follow Jesus all the days of your life.
- Baptism prepares us for God to act in our lives in new and deeper ways.
Listen to the full sermon here.
If you would like to either be baptized or to join our community here at FBC as a member you are invited to join the Baptism and Membership classes which will be held after the service on Sunday, October 6th and October 20th from 11:30-