Daily, from 09/28/2020 to 10/01/2020, 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Care Friends Training
This is the foundation of our caring ministry training conducted in an interactive group setting to foster teamwork, self-awareness, and reflective learning. This course should be taken first in the process of learning and growing in the Caring Ministry.
- Importance of Caring – Biblical and theological foundation.
- What makes me ‘me’ as a caregiver? How have my experiences shaped and formed me as a caregiver? Importance of self-awareness.
- Feelings and emotions – A window to our soul.
- Active Listening Skills I.
- Scripture and prayer in visitation and caring.
- Understanding grief.
- Experiencing the loss and death of a loved one.
- Boundaries, respect, dignity, when to refer.
- Self-care as a caregiver.
CARE FRIENDS TRAINING
4 sessions, 2.5 hours each, 10 hours total.
Group E - Mon-Thu, Sep 28-Oct 1
*Training sessions are planned according to provincial health and safety guidelines.
Questions & registration: Email or call 604.683.8441.