Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 9:00 AM - Friday, January 31, 2020, 1:00 PM
Care Minister I Training
Care Minister I builds upon the basic Care Friends Training and seeks to develop skills for higher levels of needs. This is also conducted in an interactive group setting of 6-8 participants with a similar format of self-awareness, reflective and experiential learning.
- Ministry of Presence. Active Listening Skills II
- Encountering common unhealthy emotions – anger/rage, bitterness, unforgiving spirit, jealousy.
- Some common illnesses – cancer, stroke, chronic pain, kidney failure/dialysis, gastro-intestinal issues, mobility issues.
- End of Life issues – helping someone come to terms with imminent death.
- Ethical considerations in caring - eg. MAID (Medical Assistance in Dying)
- Spiritual care – symbols, liturgy, and rituals.
- Intro to Stages of Faith.
- Faith and
the spirituallife in times of hardship, setback, and suffering.
- Caring for Seniors. Nuances of
CARE MINISTER I TRAINING
3 sessions, 4 hours each, 12 hours total.
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Group A - January 29, 30 & 31 (Wed-Fri)
Group B - May 30, June 6 & 13 (Sat)