Saturday, October 12, 2019, 9:00 AM - 1:30 PM
Care Friends Training
This is the foundation of our caring ministry training conducted in an interactive group setting of 7-10 participants to foster teamwork, self-awareness, and reflective learning.
- Importance of Caring – Biblical and theological foundation.
- What makes me ‘me’ as a caregiver? How have my experiences shaped and formed me as a caregiver? Importance of self-awareness.
- Feelings and emotions – A window to our soul.
- Active Listening Skills I.
- Scripture and prayer in visitation and caring.
- Understanding grief.
- Experiencing the loss and death of a loved one.
- Boundaries, respect, dignity, when to refer.
- Self-care as a caregiver.
CARE FRIENDS - GROUP C
Sat Oct 12, 19, 26
9:00am - 1:30pm
Register by Oct 5 (limited to 10 participants per group)
Questions & registration: Email or call 604.683.8441.