First Seniors is community of seniors (65+) that meets 9 months of the year usually on the first Friday of the month. Doors open at 11:30am when people start to drift in for drinks (coffee, tea and water!) and fellowship. At noon, a delicious, nutritious lunch is served. Lots of laughter and chatter fill the room as we share a meal together. Most of us love to sing the "golden oldies" of hymns so singing is interspersed throughout our time. After lunch, there is a guest speaker or special activity. We close out our time together at around 1:45pm.
Our hope is that everyone who attends meets Jesus and feels His presence in the room throughout our time, leaving with their hearts full of His love, joy and peace and encouraged in their walk with Him.
2018-2019 Guest Speakers
- September: Jaylynn and Dr. Jason Byassee (Our Story)
- October: Jaylynn Byassee and Janet Paterson (Thanksgiving)
- November: Jaylynn Byassee and Patsy Pearce (Story Keepers: Everyone has a story to tell)
- December: Pastoral Team (Christmas Stories)
- February: Loren Balisky (The Ageless Art of Hospitality in a World of Forced Displacement)
- March: Dr. Timothy Ng (Happiness and Contentment in Retirement)
- April: Monique Malherbe (The Kruger National Park)
- May: Walt Polzen and Pat Walchuk (Our Story within God’s Story)
- June: Rebecca Thornber (Discipleship Stories)
Here is the story of one of our seniors
Tickets and Info:
Advance ticket purchase is required and can be purchased in Pinder Hall one week before each gathering. For more information contact the church office.