Our Vision & Values
Although our building is stone, heritage, traditional, as a community, we are young, old and in-between, rich, poor, employed and re-training, multicultural, families and singles, Bible scholars, seekers.
More than the building itself, we are the church, and we are diverse and inclusive.
- Loving God
- Loving one another
- Loving our neighbours
- Being a good neighbour:
- where we live and work
- where our church is located
- in our global relationships
…as expressed in the Parable of the Good Samaritan in Luke 10:25-37.
Who we are:
“We are a community following Jesus with a heart for the city and beyond.”
What we value:
- We value worship that glorifies the Triune God.
- We value preaching that declares Jesus and His Gospel of the Kingdom.
- We value introducing others to Jesus.
- We value equipping one another to live like Jesus in our beautiful but broken world.
- We value seeking the favour and empowering of the Holy Spirit, making it possible to live the FBC core values listed here.
- We value community based on and shaped by the grace of God, wherein we seek to speak the truth in love and show tangible care.
- We value prayer as a lifestyle.
- We value outrageous generosity.
- We value servant leadership.
- We value eagerly awaiting the coming of Jesus bringing with Him a new heaven and a new earth.